This is the second post in my series of posts examining home sales totals in 2013 by zip code.
Real estate is hyper local. What that means is that home sales vary not only from state to state and city to city, but from neighborhood to neighborhood as well. The same is true for zip codes as well.
Here are 2013′s top 5 most expensive zip codes for homes in Albuquerque ranked by average sales price.
Albuquerque’s Most Expensive Zip Codes
- 87122 comes in first place with an average sales price of $474,883. 87122 includes Sandia Heights, North Albuquerque Acres and part of Albuquerque Acres West, three of the Duke City’s most desirable areas.
- 87104 comes in a distant second place with an average sales price of $288,603. 87104 includes the Albuquerque Country Club area, Old Town, and the Near North Valley up to about Candelaria.
- 87111 comes in close third place, with an average sales price of $287,374. 87111 inlcudes the Tanoan and High Desert neighborhoods among others.
- 87107 comes in fourth place with an average sales price of $274,953. 87107 includes Los Ranchos de Albuquerque and the heart of the North Valley.
- 87106 and 87113 are tied for fifth place at about $239,500. 87106 inlcudes Nob Hill and the area surrounding the University of New Mexico. 87113 includes Vista del Norte and Albuquerque Acres West MLS area north of Paseo del Norte and east of I25 to Wyoming.
Luxury Living ABQ Style
The neighborhoods I highlighted above each have their own individual flavor. From the beautiful views and natural surroundings of the High Desert area near the Sandia Mountains to the lush, green estates along the riverbanks in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, each one provides a different lifestyle. If you think of Albuquerque as a dry, barren wasteland with inexpensive homes, you haven’t gotten around town enough.
If you can’t find the luxury home neighborhood that feels right to you, you can look outside the city limits to other distinctive areas like the East Mountains, Placitas, Corrales and Bosque Farms.
Best of all, many of the nicest homes in the metro area can be had for under One Million dollars.
Please chck back in a few days for the next in my series of zip code posts, Albuquerque Zip Codes with the Most Short Sales and Foreclosures.
by Albuquerque real estate agent Rich Cederberg, eXp Realty (505) 803-5012.
If you like this information, please don’t forget to like, +1 and share this with others!
These real estate statistics were compiled from the Greater Albuquerque Association of REALTORS® data on 01/04/2013. This data is reflective of homes which were listed on the Albuquerque MLS; private sales are not included.