Home staging doesn’t have to cost tons of money. In fact, there are several really simple things that you can do to make your home look better when buyer’s come to view your house.
- Remove items from countertops. If there are more than three items on any surface like countertops, bookshelves or dressers it’s too many.
- Remove pictures from the walls. The family photo gallery on the living room wall has absolutely got to go! The lovely pictures of your relatives that mean so much to you are nothing but clutter to home buyers. Pack them up.
- Clean your closets. Make your closets look bigger by removing the clothes you won’t be wearing soon and get everything up off the floor of the closet too. Neat and orderly closets make a great impression!
- Throw away your favorite old chair. You know the one, the old lazy boy recliner that doesn’t match anything else in your house and smells like cigars? Get rid of it. With the money you’ll save on the sale of your home you can buy ten new ones.
- Put your beds in the right place. This goes for chairs, tables and bookcases too, don’t block entry into a room with furnishings. You’ll just be pointing out just how small your house is.
Home staging is not rocket science, the problem is that the clutter builds up slowly over time, creeps up on you and before you know it your house looks like something out of Sanford and Son. Don’t stress, forget about expensive decor and fancy home staging and implement some really simple changes. Your home will sell faster and for more money.